Mullins Race Engines captures COMP Cams Engine Builder of the Year crown for third straight year
October 15, 2012
MT. OLIVE, Ill. -- After collecting more USMTS feature wins than any other engine builder during the 2012 season, Mullins Race Engines has captured the COMP Cams Engine Builder of the Year title for the third straight year.
Each year, hundreds of the best open-wheel dirt modified competitors in North America take part in United States Modified Touring Series events. These drivers bring the best hot rods and best engines into battle in these events and to recognize the top-performing power plant producers each year, COMP Cams presents the cream of the crop with the COMP Cams Engine Builder of the Year award.
The Mullins Race Engines contingent was led by 2012 USMTS national champion and USMTS Casey’s Cup champion Ryan Gustin, who won a series best 14 features on the season. Jason Hughes contributed an additional seven wins to the 21-win total for the engine builder headquartered in Mt. Olive, Ill.
Geddes Racing Engines of Colorado Springs, Colo., took runner-up honors in the final standings, Pro Power Sput’s Racing Engines and Roush Yates Engines rounding out the top five points-earners.
This was the third top-5 finish for Sput's Race Engines, which captured the first two titles in 2009 and 2010.
In all, 122 different engine builders representing the best of the best that America has to offer in grassroots engine-building scored points in the 2012 COMP Cams Engine Builder of the Year competition.
FINAL TOP 20 STANDINGS:
1. Mullins Race Engines, Mt. Olive, Ill. ... 526 (21 wins)
2. Geddes Racing Engines, Colorado Springs, Colo. ... 470 (6 wins)
3. Pro Power Racing, Sullivan, Wis. ... 454 (9 wins)
4. Sput’s Racing Engines, Owatonna, Minn. ... 442 (6 wins)
5. Roush Yates Engines, Mooresville, N.C. ... 322 (6 wins)
6. Hatfield Racing Engines, Joplin, Mo. ... 216 (6 wins)
7. Yeoman Race Engines, Galena, Kan. ... 166 (1 win)
8. Tim’s Automotive Machine, Bloomer, Wis. ... 134 (3 wins)
9. Kevin Stoa Engineering, Albert Lea, Minn. ... 111
10. Action Engineering, Rochester, Minn. ... 103 (2 wins)
11. JR Motorsports, Ankeny, Iowa ... 85
12. GM Performance Parts, Blanc, Mich. ... 56 (4 wins)
13. Wells Racing Engines, Duncanville, Texas ... 41
14. Midstate Machine, Des Moines, Iowa ... 37 (1 win)
15. Homegrown Racing Engines, Pea Ridge, Ark. ... 34
16. Miss. Racing Engines, Hulbert, Okla. ... 29
17. Grawmondbeck’s Competition Engines, Mason City, Iowa ... 28
18. Racing Engines by C.B., Houston, Texas ... 23
19. Cline Racing Engines, Bono, Ark. ... 22
19. Wagamon Bros. Performance Engines, Columbia Heights, Minn. ... 22
For more than 35 years, the COMP Cams mission has never changed: to produce the highest-performing products possible, provide customers with superior service, and to lead the industry in technological development.
While the COMP Performance Group has grown to multiple companies and hundreds of employees, we still retain the competitive spirit and desire to be the very best that has positioned COMP Cams as the absolute leader in valve train components.
Whether you're looking for horsepower, reliability, or gas mileage, COMP Cams has the products that will deliver.
To learn more about the United States Modified Touring Series, visit www.usmts.com online or call 515-832-7944. You can also like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ustmts and follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/usmts.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
USMTS TITLE SPONSORS: Casey’s General Stores, Swan Energy.
USMTS OFFICIAL SPONSORS: American Racer Racing Tires, Awesome Race Suits, Cheetos, Dominator Race Products, Intercomp, KEVKO Oil Pans & Components, New Vision Graphics, Nitroquest, RACEceiver, SLAP Energy, Snickers.
USMTS PARTICIPATING SPONSORS: Arbor Masters, Arnold Motor Supply, ASi Racewear, Beebe Heating & Air Conditioning, BRODIX Cylinder Heads, Dirthead.com, DirtKnights.com, Erson Cams, Farm Boy BBQ Sauce, Intensitee Custom Racewear, Mesilla Valley Transportation, O’Brien Enterprises, Olympic Fire Protection, Ramirez Motorsports, Road Runner Trucking, Ruter Farms, Sybesma Graphics, Yeager Machine.
USMTS CONTINGENCY SPONSORS: AERO Race Wheels, AFCO Racing Products, Beyea Custom Headers, COMP Cams, CPD Racing Tools, Eibach Springs, Fast Shafts, Forty9Designs.com, Genesis Shocks, Hooker Harness, Integra Racing Shocks & Springs, Keyser Manufacturing, KSE Racing Products, Marsh Racing Wheels, PBM Performance Products, Quarter Master, Real Racing Wheels, Tiger Rear Ends.