Pat Graham Racing Recap: I-35 Speedway
We had a really good buggy again. We were second in passing points after the heat races after starting sixth and finishing second. Our team was really happy to make the redraw considering this was only our second weekend out this year.
Of course I redrew 8.
We didnt tighten the car up enough for the feature as the track slicked off more than I thought it was going to. We finished 18th, but we learned a lot more about the Moyer Victory car and will put that knowledge to our upcoming events.
Thanks to all of our marketing partners that make this possible.
I-35 Speedway USMTS race top 10 thoughts:
1. They have made a ton of improvements to the facility, should be a good place to have USRA Nationals.
2. We get to sit in the stands and listen to the drivers meeting, kind of like being in school again.
3. I always seem to make friends at the fuel pump when Im pulling a race car.
4. We had some fun neighbors in the pits. That always makes it more enjoyable. Their little guys Im sure will be racing before we know it. The Elliott Motorsports team was good to see; hadn't chatted with that team for awhile.
5. It is much more fun to go up and redraw than hurrying to look at "B" Main line ups.
6. They have good popcorn. It is usually my staple at race tracks, so dont be afraid to ask me which tracks have the best.
7. The Moyer Victory car was really fun to drive in the heat race, even though the track had some character (that is politically correct I think). I think the track really came around and was pretty nice for features.
8. I had to ask what an E-Mod is. Now I know.
9. McDonalds in Bethany is only open to drive-thru at midnight. I dont think they allow haulers to go through either.
10. All in all we had a great time and was glad both my parents were able to make this race.